





Another week is coming to an end. It has been a busy week for us and this weekend will be even busier doing what we have worked on all week. As you can see Pedro is finished. I have to tell you that a friend wrote mentioning my monkey puppet! Sorry but it is a boy. He even has a shepherd outfit to wear.
Cal has worked on a workbench for Larry in his little work shop. The picture shows the almost finished bench. However I forgot to take a picture of the log slabs that the top started out as. Cal had to be creative to cut off the bark and straighten out the sides. But it looks pretty good now.
We had a little excitement this afternoon. Larry went to hose out the back of the truck and found we did not have water. The guys had told him they were going to clean out the water tanks tomorrow because the tanks were filled with frogs and hornets. But they had started to drain the one tank today and we did not realize it. Larry got up there and found this hornets nest inside the top of one tank and dead hornets all over the bottom. There were several frogs in the tanks too. A couple of the guys helped Larry get the frogs out and cleaned the tanks. We had to wait about an hour to get the water back. Larry got some black plastic to cover the top of the tank before putting the lid on. Guess the guys will work on that tomorrow. Makes you wonder what the water has been like we have been bathing in. We are all well! Fay and I decided this was another reason to be glad we drink bottled water.
Tomorrow morning early we leave for Aquiduana where Fay and I will give a workshop on puppets and later on costumes for dramas. I would covet your prayers as we do this. We have a lady who will help translate. However since I did not know I was going to be doing this before I came down here, I don't feel as prepared as I could be. So the Lord will have to help us through it all.
On Sunday morning we leave early again and go to Anastocio to their morning service. I will do a workshop with about 10 people who are interested in illustrating Bible stories. I really feel unprepared for this one. It is one thing to do the pictures myself but a differnt matter to show someone else how to do it. So please pray.
Cal was suppose to talk to the leaders of this church about ministries our church has but that workshop has been postponed. He is preaching at this church in the evening for 1/2 an hour before communion. He is prepared he says but pray that what he says will be understood and used of the Lord.
Well that is about all for today. Larry went to a graduation service tonight for students in his seminary classes. Cal and Fay want to eat so I will close for tonight. Have a good weekend everyone.
Friday, August 1, 2008
End of the week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HAHA Frogs in your bath water...you don't have any unexplained warts do you? ha Just giving you a hard time.
And in my defense, he looked like a monkey with no clothes on...
Hahaha...you'd think I was mad if I didn't rib you a little!
I really miss you.
I sent you two replies to your last e-mail. I hope you got them.
Oh goodness, glad you weren't drinking that water.
Your puppets looks great, and I did not think it was a monkey; but I can see how someone (hee, now we know who) could think it was if they weren't invisioning hair or clothes.
I also replied to the email; hope it came through and again sorry about the photos. I've had 2 sessions with Kendra and her friend for senior photos; they have turned out really good. We did some around 5:30 today and it was as scorcher, we were all sweating (we did them outside). It has been a very hot week.
We will sure miss you this weekend with all that is going on. Big hugs!
OH MY, you have had an interesting week. Frogs in your water and then the hornets, so glad no one got stung by the hornets.The puppets look good but I must confess the photo of you spraying the puppet, I really thought he was going to be a cute monkey.
Looks like Cal has done good on the work bench.
Praying you have a good weekend.
A monkey or a little boy, some days our little boy is a monkey. Cal and you look great. You look like you are rested. Are you sleeping better? Oh, by the way the little boy puppet looks great.
Will be praying for you and Cal for God to use both of you this weekend.
I also answered your email. I have sent other ones, but now I don't if they have gone thru.
Hi. I had posted a comment to your blog, but apparently lost the entire post so I'll start over. I'm enjoying your posts. Please keep them coming. So much of what you write about takes me back to my days in Africa, and makes me a bit envious, although we're not to be envious of each other's opportunities, are we? God bless you and Cal as you continue to serve Him there in Brazil.
Post a Comment