We arrived last night in Pulcullpa, Peru after having spent a day in Lima on the other side of the Andes Mountains but let me back track. First however we are staying in a Peruvian missionary lady´s home. She is letting me use an older computer that is connected to the internet. The keyboard however is a Spanish keyboard and what keys I do know are either worn off or in a different place. So please excuse any typigrafical errors. However you won´t know what is just my misspelling or wrong typing.
We left Monday morning for Campo Grande. We were suppose to be there by 8 and had not left home at 7. It is a 2 1/2 hour trip. We made a number of stops along the way to get things borrowed that were needed for this trip. The Lord was gracious and everyone had everything ready for us.
When we got to Campo Grande one of the pastors met us at the hotel we stayed in that night. He took us to drop off the truck so the air conditioner could be fixed. Then he took us to a print shop that his church uses. He went and got the manager and introduced us. She is a Christian and wanted to know if we were Baptist. She was excited about our picture project and said that they could do what we wanted and have it done that day. So I left 11 pictures with them. The 20 copies of 9 I brought from home and Romerito´s Moses and the Good Samaritan that I had finished. So we needed 20 copies of each picture either printed or just one or two printed, the outlines put on the back, and laminated. Then we had 20 copies made of each of the four outlines we did not have pictures for. The place we had checked several weeks ago was going to give us about that for $500. We did not ask what it would be this time. We just trusted the Lord. We had a nice lunch at the pastor´s house. His mother had just been in my illustration class the week before. Cal, Fay and I rested while Larry had a discipleship class. After his class we headed to pick up the printed/laminated pictures. We got a little lost but finally got there about 7. The people had kindly waited for us. When we asked the cost the clerk said it was a little over $150. The manager had taken a huge amount off the bill. PTL
I have to go now. The guys are back with info about the boat we are taking. We have to go buy mosquito netting. So I´ll write more later. I´ll keep you in suspence.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Greetings from Peru
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So glad you were able to write. That is so wonderful about the printing, God is so good!! Will be anxious to hear everything. Love you both!!!
Oh the Siekberts will be here by Sept 1st, yeah!!!
So good to hear from you again. The computer sounds interesting in Spanish, but glad you could use it. Can't wait to hear the rest of your story.
Praying for your health and safety!
You did a really good job with your typing, I'm impressed!!!
I'll be praying for your boat trip.
That was really great to hear about the pictures! Awesome!
I've been sending you e-mails to the hotmail account that Mary Jo set up for you. I sent one tonight with some pictures. Today was Adam's birthday and Austin got his black belt in karate tonight. I really hope you get it!
Lisa Pressley found out what she's having, but since you left me in suspence, I'm not going to tell you yet! :)
Good thing I read Angy's post, because I was just going to tell you about Lisa. But not now!!!
That was wonderful about the printing! God is so good.
I hope you are still able to get in your hotmail account.
I was really impressed with my email typing. I have trouble with our keybroads. HaHa
Have a great time on the 'river'
Loads of love & prayers
Post a Comment