Monday, September 22, 2008

Another sunny day








Hi everyone, thought you might like to see where we are staying. It is a duplex. You can see Fay sitting in th breeze way with her laundry, front of the house with the truck and the inside living room,dining room, kitchen combination. Cal and Larry are working on fixing the kitchen sink. It leaks. They had to climb a ladder to get to where the water shuts off in the attic. Different isn't it. They did find parts to fix it so now the owners don't have to worry about their tank running dry.

It was a pretty sunny morning so we all walked down to the beach. Each couple went their own way. I wanted to go back to the rocks we had been on the first day when it was so dreary. We sat there awhile and watched guys surfing. You will notice how strong Cal has gotten while we have been here. He is holding that bolder up so it won't fall down. While Cal was taking the picture of me where I am standing next to a boulder the water came up around the rock and got my feet wet. We didn't realize it came up that far.

Fay and I went to a little native jewelry store later and got several gifty items. Then we ate lunch at a favorite restaurant. This afternoon we dropped Larry off so he could go to the internet cafe. It really isn't a cafe because you can't get coffee here. It is about a 10 x 12 room with 11 computers. Some of them are not connected to the internet so Larry and I use the computers we brought and the guy hooks them up for us.

Anyway Cal, Fay and I went uptown to the square to do some shopping. The house we are staying in has a really different double boiler that Fay was interested in finding one like. Larry asked the neighbor where we could get one and sure enough that store had not only one but two sizes.

After walking around there we came back and I headed here to check e-mail and do the blog. When it gets dark the guy turns on this blue light and it is really hard to see your computer or type so I wanted to get this done in the daylight.

That is all for today. We plan to be here until Thursday morning. So we have a couple more days to enjoy the weather and nothing that we have to do.

Tell you more later.

Description

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great pics!!! Looks like you are having a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it. Thinking of you. Big hugs!!!

Nina said...

Really enjoyed the pictures today as usual. If you click on the pictures they come up really big and the rug on the floor looks so pretty. It looks like someone crotched it. I have noticed other doilies in some of the pictures and they are really neat.Looks like there must be some talented people there.

Seems Cal and Larry are using their handy man skills. I am sure the repairs they are doing will be greatly appreciated.

Love & Prayers