Hi everyone from a sunnier, warmer beach vacation. At least warmer if you are sitting in the sun.
Yesterday afternoon we decided to try a little adventure. We took the ferry over to the large city we kept seeing across the bay. At least it looked like a large city. We had been told the only way to drive there was to go way back to Curitiba (1 1/2 hours away) and take another route. The ferry ride was only about 15 minutes. We discovered it is a resort spot with lots of high rise places to rent. It was rather deserted. However we walked the beach and picked up lots of shells. The picture of Cal and I is from that beach. It still was not a sunny day and was quite cool. We had an enjoyable day. Then that evening we finished a two evening Mexican Train domino game. Fay was the winner by a substantial amount. Guess we will have to try again.
Cal and Larry had driven around yesterday to find a church for today. They found a little Baptist church. So we got up this morning and went to church. We were welcomed warmly. It was former German speaking church that had converted to Portugues but many of the older people were German. When they found out Larry was a missionary they had him say a word. We then went to a differnt place for lunch.
The guys left at 1:30 to go back to Curitiba to a soccer game. The sun was shining today so Fay and I took chairs and our books down to the beach to soak up some sun. It did feel good to get warm and even take off our jackets. When Fay takes off her sweat shirt you know she is finally warm. Well we were sitting there almost two hours, reading and watching the silly people going into swim in the cold water. All of a sudden the wind changed and the sun went behind the clouds. You were quickly reminded it really is not warm here.
We went back to the house. I had washed some clothes out yesterday and had them hung in the walkway. With out sun or wind and it had rained all night they were not dry this morning. But with the sun and wind this afternoon they had dryed. So Fay decided to wash some things out. We did find a laundermat in town with real washers and dryers if we get desperate.
After taking a little walk we came to the internet cafe. Fay called her granddaughter on the computer to wish her a Happy Birthday. So I decided to do a blog.
That is about all that has happened since I last wrote. We will probably be here several days next week until we head for Iguazu Falls. Then gather the rest of our stuff from the pastor in Campo Grande and head for home in a week.
Pray for some nice weather and that our fellowship will be sweet. We are getting anxious to see everyone and to tell you about our trip. Just a note. This coming Tuesday is Cal's 62nd birthday. Please feel free to wish him a happy birthday via the blog or e-mail.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Sunday at the ocean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The beach looks beautiful and sure sounds like a more relaxing time for you. Have fun!!!
The pictures are so good today. I love the view of the beach with the mountains in the background. It is so good that you can relax and have some fun with your friends. You are going to always remember this trip.
Praying for you!!
Ahhh, now this looks like fun! I love the beach and it looks beautiful even if it is cooler weather.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your time away. It seems like the time has went by so fast. I look forward to seeing you both in person and hearing more about your trip! Thinking of you!
I think children's church is calling you back. Mrs. Crystal is not going to be able to continue for a while because of her husband's job. I know TaraKate misses you too :o)
Love, Tina
Loved the pictures of the beach and mountains. It looks so peaceful. I hope you are getting your rest now, cause I'm gonna keep you busy when you come home! haha So good to hear from you. Praying you come home safely.
Love ya!
Post a Comment